Subject: Re: Initial Slide Sorts WAS: [Leica] home b&w processing
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 08:56:01 +0200

John,

> I wonder if anyone else throws away the bad slides the first pass?
> Sometimes I think it's rash, but once I see what I did to screw up I
> don't want them hanging around any more!  This is also very functional
> to reduce storage requirements by 75 percent, or more!

I guess I am at the extreme opposite. I have basically never thrown out any
slides, and so I have pretty much all the images I have shot since 1986 (when I
took up photography as a serious hobby). However, organizing things in the new
house has me thinking that at some point in the not too distant future I will have
to adopt your approach, especially since my consumption of film has increased
significantly since I went Leica 2 years ago.

Nathan
- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland