Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica or B+W Filters
From: "Bob Walkden" <bobwalkden@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 14:33:44 BST

Hi,

I am now equally curious, since you've asked this question twice of
different people.

Do you think that standard coated filters are the equal of (or perhaps even
better than) multicoated filters?

If so what tests have you done, or what pointers do you have to others'
tests?

Some of the filter manufacturers, such as B+W
(http://www.schneideroptics.com/filters/filters.htm) make quite specific
numerical claims about the effects of their filter coatings and the
difference between double- and multi-coating is documented. Of course
whether this is noticeable by ordinary humans under ordinary conditions is a
different matter, but the numbers are there and open to challenge if you
think you know differently.

Cheers,

Bob