Subject: Re: [Leica] Exposing Tri-X at 320
From: Bill Satterfield <cwsat@cyberhighway.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 10:36:07 -0500

I have rethought myu earlier e mail and stand corrected-
Increasing development increases the density of the high values-makes
them lighter inn the print while dark grays and blacks remain about the
same- this increases contrast.
Decreasing development decreases the density of the high values-makes
them get darker gray in the print while dark grays or blacks remain
about the same-= this reduces the contrast

Changes in the film development have almost no effect on the low values
but they have a very marked  effect upon high values. Thus expose for
the shadows, develop for the highlights.

I knew this but stated it wrong in my earlier post- a SCA(senior citizen
attack) or CRS(can't remember stuff) Sorry.