Subject: [Leica] Re: how to clean a lens
From: "Tim Spragens" <t.spragens@cityweb.de>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 22:34:19 +0100

> From: "Bergman, Mark A." <mabergm@nppd.com>
>
> I also think the new lens coatings are very very hard.  Unlike my
> coated eyeglasses were you can wipe it right off.

I've had Zeiss coated eyeglasses for years. Clean them with my
(cotton) shopping bags, linen hankies, underware, yesterday's
shirt, sometimes even the nice little cloth they gave me with the
glasses. If anything is left, it's far less than the fingerprints and
other gunk that gets on them, and the coating is still there. Surely
Leica is coating as well as Zeiss.

- --
Tim Spragens
http://www.borderless-photos.com