Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica or B+W Filters
From: "Bergman, Mark A." <mabergm@nppd.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 14:25:22 -0500

I don't want my filter to be 'less' quality.

However I also don't see the need to purchase additional doodads that
perform nothing.

As a former manufacturing engineering manager I am well aware of how much
marketing can drive engineering into designing and implementing features
that add no value to the product.  And then (if they are good) the sales
department can come up with a sales campaign to convince buyers that you
just have to have it.

And the above paragraph, based upon subjective use of many different types
and brands of filters, is my humble opinion on multicoating (and maybe just
plain coating) of filters.