Subject: [Leica] Re: Peeling R4 Bayonet
From: "Miro Jurcevic" <miroj@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 08:55:25 +1000

Is the mount peeling of worn due to use? Most of my camera
> mounting flanges (all leica) show wear from changing lenses and everything
> is still in proper alignment.

The chrome is coming off in huge chunks.

Can the focal plane be disturbed by minor rotations in the bayonet axis,
given that it is 90 degrees to the distance between film and lense ?

With six screws, three long and three short, I find it hard to imagine how
to get the boynet more than '30 seconds of a degree, out of tilt. When you
are referring to the pressure plate underneath .... that can be wildly out.
That pressure plate needs to be aligned, but the shapes inside the body are
an easy guide.

Replies: Reply from Jeff S <4season@boulder.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Peeling R4 Bayonet)