Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Re: R8 or R7
From: CapsTeeth@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 19:32:53 EDT

In a message dated 7/26/00 7:02:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
wajsman@webshuttle.ch writes:

<< No it does not.

 Nathan

 Miro Jurcevic wrote:

 > My understanding is that the the R8 needs ROM lenses to display the F-Stop
 > in the viewfinder. >>

So if am I understanding this correctly, someone with six lenses who has them
ROM converted @ $200/ea has spent $1200 just to permit the auto zoom in a
Metz strobe and nothing else?  I might understand all those contacts could
serve a purpose in a yet-to-be-debuted body, but then why all the contacts in
the R8? Is this a bigger and more deplorable scam than the $1100 28-70 Sigma
zoomlens, or about the same?