Subject: [Leica] Re: Canon RF mount
From: "Miro Jurcevic" <miroj@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 10:19:56 +1000

Having read Mr. Puts article on picking an M series camera, I have to agree
that many shortcuts have been made to the modern M6. But the Bessa-L from
Voigtlander is even worse.

I am in two minds about the yardstick of physical mass however. I have seen
the mechanical properties of micro-wafers of composite materials and they
are literally bullet-proof. I once thought of stripping the leather and
pasting on carbon fibre, but that was only cosmetic and of no benefit. I
have seen graphite coated plastic cogs that "never say die" and in the event
that Leica ever goes looking for another limited edition ..... I imagine
that the M6 could be built entirely from a resin moulded polycarbonate
thermoset. That's what I call a front heavy camera with a Noctilux onboard.

Miro

> Here's a thought: the only thing that makes our Ms and Hexars and such
"luxury"
> cameras is the fact that they're built like cheapo cameras of long ago.
No

Message from Dante A Stella <dante@umich.edu> (Re: [Leica] Canon RF mount)