Subject: Re: [Leica] M4-P: Vivitar 283 or 285
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 12:02:25 -0700

SteSanch@aol.com wrote:

> I'm new to my M4-P. Looking for advice on a flash -- another M user suggested
> a Vivitar 283 or 285. Reasonable suggestion? Thanks.

Both Dave Rodgers and I have had some luck using our 283's with the remote
coiled cord for the sensor on the Hotshoe.
These make for pictures that don't look like they've been taken with flash so much.
These units are a little BIG on the camera.
But both these items require you do a thing you are not used to doing in this
day and age.
When you are done with them:
TURN THEM OFF!

they don't' turn off automatically like most things along those lines do now.
These are classic unites from the 70's! Still in production now!
has it's good and bad side.
The good being Cheap cheap cheap and lots of left over accessories!
Mark Rabiner

Replies: Reply from chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson) (Re: [Leica] M4-P: Vivitar 283 or 285)