Subject: Re: [Leica] M4-P: Vivitar 283 or 285
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 14:58:46 -0700

><Snip>
> I use my 283 with the Quantum battery. When you use it off camera like this
> you look like spiderman... coils everywhere.
> --
> Johnny Deadman

An advantage to the 283 over the 285 or most other flashes is that when you use
the outside batter pack, you do it with no batteries in the flash itself. Which
makes for an almost weightless flash. Less then half the wight of the unit with
4 AA's in it is my guess! MUCH less of a strain on your hotshoe! I could not get
my Quantum to ever work so I had to go back the HVP-1 High voltage battery
compartment. You can have  your little motor drive going all day with that thing!
Mark Rabiner

Replies: Reply from "Pilot E-Mail" <wwaechte@capecod.net> (Re: [Leica] M4-P: Vivitar 283 or 285)