Subject: [Leica] Re: M6HM for Noctilux
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 07:23:19 +0200

Jimmy,

While logically the M6HM should help you with the Noctilux, I have experienced
little difficulty focusing my Noctilux on the regular M6 (that is, it is equally
difficult to focus at f1 on both bodies). I do have an M6HM, but the really good
body for a Noctilux is my M3. I do see a significant difference between the M6
and the M3 in this regard.

So, I would suggest that you look at the market for second-hand M3s if you really
want to dedicate a body to the Noctilux.

Nathan

JimmyVenus@aol.com wrote:

> Dear Fellow Luggers-
>
>                   In the past 3 or 4 years it has been my pleasure to use the
> Leica m6 & a fine assortment of M lenses. In the past six mos., I purchased a
> Noctilux because I shoot alot in available darkness or-whatever the low light
> conditions may be. I also just love the shallow depth of field of shooting
> this lens wide open.Anyway,  I am wondering if I would experience a
> significant advantage w/ an M6 High Mag. 0.85 in terms of focusing accurracy
> when I am shooting the noctilux wide open as compared to my standard M6
> classic .72 finder. SNIP

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland