Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V17 #290
From: "Rick Dykstra" <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 22:12:43 +1000

> Would anyone recommend purchasing a .85 high mag
> as my second M body? Thanks for any light any of you fellow luggers may shed
> on this subject-it would help bring me out of the dark!!!
> Thanks>>>>>>>>Jim V.>>>>>San Diego,Ca.

Hi Jimmy,

I did just what you're considering, a little while ago. The .85 viewfinder
is nice to use, but I couldn't say it definitely makes for a higher
proportion of properly focussed images with 50 or 90mm lenses.  I already
had a .72, so I got a .85 TTL for my second M body.  Now that TTL is really
good!

If I had to name which viewfinder is the easier to use, all things
considered, I'd say the 0.72.  But since I've had the .85TTL, I've used it
almost exclusively.  And which body shape appeals to my eye?  The .72 wins
that competition - the .85 is too tall.  Vive la difference, I suppose.

Regards

Rick Dykstra