Subject: Re: [Leica] Street photography
From: Rich Lahrson <tripspud@wenet.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 08:06:02 -0700

Steve LeHuray wrote:
>> Again, the problem is not about taking pictures, it is about publishing
> >> them. If the picture of your site were showing people shot in France, you
> >> would take a major risk of being sued because (I guess) you do not have
> >> written clearances from your subjects specifying in which circompstances and
> >> for which period of time their images can be used. Moreover, the courts here
> >> begin to apply the same legal regime to private or public estate.

Hi Steve and everyone,

     It's a sign of one of the sicknesses in our modern world that is nothing
more than a legalized con game, that anyone can sue for use of their
photograph in non-commercial situations.  Can't folks see the good side
of having their pictures published?  It burns me up, this world of lawyers.

					Cheerlessly,

							Rich Lahrson
							tripspud@wenet.net

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] Street photography)