Subject: Re: [Leica] Test it first, was: FS: Konica Hexar RF set (new)
From: CapsTeeth@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 15:05:12 EDT

In a message dated 7/31/00 11:40:20 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
director@ubi.edu writes:

<< Marcus,

 Personnal experience learned me that this has to be checked
 before any payment with each Konica RF you intend to use
 with Leica lenses, and with each Leica lens you intent to
 put on a Konica RF.

 No, they don't always work together. >>

They did for me.  All 23 of my Leica lenses fit and coupled properly to the 2
RF's I borrowed from my local store, and they had reasonably wide-spread
serial #'s. M-lenses from 60's, 70's and current. Screwmounts with adaptors.
Collapsible ones.  21/3.4 S/A works on the RF but it blocks the meter just
like in the M6.  The Viso III works, so does the Viso II but only with the
prism from the Viso III or the chimney finder, and you have to use a cable
release because the release arm doesn't line up with the Konica's release
button.  The only caveat with the RF is the shorter effective baselength of
the rangefinder.  I wouldn't trust the focusing accuracy with a Noctilux or
75 Summilux at close range and large aperture.  The 90/2 and 135/3.4 likewise
would seem a stretch for the RF.  But even these lenses will mount and couple
to the rangefinder.