Subject: Re: [Leica] Street photography
From: John Brownlow <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 16:47:39 -0400

on 31/7/00 4:32 pm, Brian Reid at reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us wrote:

> About 3 years ago I was in Rome trying to be a street photographer, and a
> friend who was with me said "you look like a plainclothes policeman or a
> spy; everyone is afraid of you".

Ha ha. This happened to me in London recently. I was on Oxford Street and
this nice homeless guy walks up to me and says: "you might as well go home,
you know. Everyone knows you're a policeman". He wouldn't hear of anything
else. Ironically, i think it was the same day, another homeless guy, not
quite so nice. came up to me *pretending* to be a plain clothes policeman
and demanded to know what I was doing.

Incidentally, I was looking really scruffy.

- --
Johnny Deadman

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com

Replies: Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Street photography)