Subject: Re: [Leica] Street photography
From: "Craig Roberts" <croberts@zoomtel.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 16:58:17 -0400

"So I guess I have the wrong appearance to be a street photographer..."  -
Brian

You're right.  It's your age.  Precisely the same thing has happened to me
(I've also gotten less intrusive and impolitely assertive as I've aged) .
Look at the interaction from the point of view of the subject.  If a young
person...a casually-dressed, long-haired "artsy"-looking type especially,
pointed a camera in your face, you'd probably be tolerant and certainly not
suspicious. It's just a kid with a camera.   But, what if a guy your age..or
mine (53) did the same thing?  Woudn't you be a bit wary?  It's one of the
prices we pay for being grownups...and looking it.

Okay street people... I know HCB's 153 years old, but he says himself that
he's invisible.

Craig
Boston