Subject: Re: [Leica] Street photography
From: "Bob Walkden" <bobwalkden@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 22:32:37 BST

Hi,

You can't win. I had a similar experience photographing the May Day fun &
games in the West End. The police thought I was trying to get evidence
against them in their handling of the demonstrators, the demonstrators
thought I was a police spy. Damned silly idea really considering the real
police photographers are in uniform using armour-plated F5s, or hovering
overhead in choppers. Why would they need to send an overweight middle-aged
berk like me into the midst of a disturbance?

Great thing about photographing this sort of event though is that with 3
cameras around your neck you can wander through the police lines at will
without being shoved back into the crowd.

Cheers,

Bob