Subject: Re: [Leica] Would Ansel Adams shoot Leica
From: Jeff S <4season_wonderfulspam@boulder.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 10:08:20 -0600

"All the time in the world to sit"? I don't think so! Great landscapes
can and and do have decisive moments when clouds, fog or patchy sunlight
conspire to produce a fleeting bit of magic lasting at most a few
minutes and more often, a few seconds. When I look at Adams' best
photos, I am struck by how fast he must've been with the view camera or
how well he must've been able to anticipate an upcoming photo op. Field
cameras aren't hard to use, but I'd be hard-pressed to unpack and be
shooting within 2 minutes as he apparently could (no fair using
Readyloads!)

Adams did mention being given a Leica R4(?) but didn't seem overly fond
of it's automation. Bear in mind he had a long-standing relation with
Zeiss, so...

Message from "Miro Jurcevic" <miroj@ozemail.com.au> ([Leica] Would Ansel Adams shoot Leica)