Subject: [Leica] Re: Dr. Strangelens, or....
From: "Tim Spragens" <t.spragens@cityweb.de>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 18:09:42 +0100

> Just some innocent fun from a guy who goes out an gets a whole set of
> cheap fake Voighlander glass  claiming love for old Leica glass. And
> then shows off the Leica glass in a bad light in comparison to this
> new cheap Japanese stuff.
>
> With all that cash you blew on these Notons or Heliors how much cool
> old Leica glass could you have gotten? Since contrast is not the
> issue? Mark Rabiner

Mark Rabider?!

Mark, put the alu cap back on - the moonbeams are getting to you!

The fellow made a casual comparison between two lenses he had
on hand and posted them for others to see. No need to jump down
his throat, is there? Is he implying that the Nocton is a better lens
than any Leica of comparible focal length and aperture based on
these photos?

I'll admit, I didn't spend that much time at the site because the
comparison wasn't one of particular interest to me. I did flip over to
it because of some of the comments he garnered here. Those that
mentioned bits they thought were missing were giving Matt a hand,
from what I could tell.

I've gotta go test my cheap new Japanese 15mm.

ciao,

Tim

- --
Tim Spragens