Subject: Re: [Leica] re split printing notes- follow up
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 12:38:28 -0700

I have kept meaning to do a follow up myself response as It was me who
influenced Bob to get the Aristo 4500 VC cold light head in the first place and
we had discussed this before. I weighted in strongly in favor of test strips
over probes.
But I have over the years done my share of reading about densitometry and if one
was placed on my doorstep I'd probably put it to some use.
In the case of spit printing which I almost feel like a pioneer of I'd do this
with it:
I'd use it to determine my time with the blue light to establish my blacks.
Say it gave me 12 seconds.
Then I'd expose my whole test strip for 12 seconds with the blue light.
Then I'd turn on the green light and move it along every 3 seconds, inch by inch
and then develop and look at it to determine my exposure for the green light
which determines the lighter tones.
I'm not saying this to be consolatory. I think it really might be the ideal
viable working solution. I think I'd get the best of both worlds, The direct
inspection test strip world, and the densimetric "what can these numbers do for
me to make my life a little easier" world.
Mark Rabiner

Replies: Reply from "rlb" <rlb@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] re split printing notes- follow up)
Message from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] re split printing notes- follow up)