Subject: [Leica] Hurrah for the 50mm Slux
From: Bryant <tbryant@wizard.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 02:36:16 +0000 ()

Hi Luggers,

   A minor continuation of the 50mm Summilux f/1.4 discussion.

   It's my favorite Leica lens.  I'm refering to the old Summilux with the
elegant, reversable, slotted lens hood.  For more reasons for my opinion, and
some wide open Summilux pictures, see my web site:

        http://wizard.net/~tbryant/photo35.html

   Somehow, I take my best (IMHO!) shots at f/1.4.  The lens is superb at
f/5.6.  So is everything else, for that matter, expept for that rare dog of a
lens that I won't mention.  There's a certian magic that the Slux wide open at
1/15th of a second gives that is hard to beat.  The Noct, technically, is
better at 1/30th, but usually, it's not there to take the picture, as it is
far from easily portable.  Transportable is more like it, much like a
battleship can be grunted around by welding a handle to it.

   Let the debate continue...