Subject: Re: [Leica] 50/1.2 or 50/1.5 or 50/2?!
From: Krechtz@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 16:44:21 EDT

henningw@archiphoto.com writes:

<< That's the real test of the effective relative
 aperture, or 't-stop'. >>

For more on T-stops or T-numbers and related topics, see the Focal
Encyclopedia of Photography.  In the 3rd Edition (1993), check p. 791.  I was
looking for the name Cooke, which I remember as the name of the optical firm
which developed lenses calibrated in T-stops.  There may have been others
unknown to me.

Joe Sobel