Subject: Re: [Leica] My R8 story
From: Ccl1396915541@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 16:27:46 EDT

rheming@attglobal.net writes:

<< Don't blame you - if I had the same thing happen out they would have gone.!
 In a way this is what got me from Nikon to Leica in the first place many
 years ago.

 Dick Hemingway
 Plano, TX

 (P.S. Where in Michigan do you live??  My wife and I were both born in
 Michigan and grew up there - but met in Texas.)

In thirty some years of professional use the only Nikon I ever had die on me
was an F3 I was wearing when some joker tripped me into the swimming pool at
a CEO's barbecue.  The F I had on dried out fine, though.  I must've put 5000
rolls through every one of my Nikons before the boss replaced them.  The F
must've had twice that on it, we kept it through the F2 and F3.  The F4 was
still going strong after 7 years without a burp, then they decided to go to
EOS.  Cheesy, plastic things after the Nikons, but still never any problems.

Right now living with my grandkids outside Motown until next Weds when we're
off in a rented Winniebago to wind around the UP and parts of Ont.  Hope to
make it to VT and NH for the fall color show.  Oh, there's a cluttered old
camera store around here that has a crapload of older Leica SLR stuff sitting
dusty on the shelf, some of it looks like its new but never sold.  Didn't ask
how much. Too much for a doorstop or a boat anchor, that's for certain.