Subject: [Leica] Summicrons, M and others
From: "Bill Lawlor" <wvl@marinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 18:03:58 -0700

.  Technically, the lens is evidently not a Summicron-M but a
Summicron, and you might suggest to the seller that it should fetch a lower
price, if it has been advertised as the M model.

Which brings up a question I have. What is the difference between a
Summicron and a Summicron M? I have a 35/2 Summicron in M mount s/n 2324***.
Erwim P's site has a page describing characteristics of M lenses and that
number is called a Summicron - M on his page, but, not on my lens. Wie
gehtz?

Bill Lawlor