Subject: [Leica] Another happy Heliar owner
From: Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2000 21:09:51 -0400

I got my first few rolls back with my new Heliar, and I am extremely
impressed. One of the nicest things is just as several Luggers have
commented in the past,  the color balance and contrast is quite
Leica-like. My impression is that the Heliar pictures blend in with the
ones taken with Leica glass very nicely. I'm also very impressed with
the flare suppression. A decade or so ago I borrowed a Yashica 21mm (at
the time I had an FX-D) but in the end I deceided against buying because
the contrast was so low and the flare so prominant. Not so the Cosina
lens.

I have posted some of my tests at
http://www.camera-craftsman.com/heliar.htm Comments are welcome, but
bear in mind these weren't especially careful shots, so please be
gentle.

Simon Stevens