Subject: [Leica] bob barr - the PLUG - first friday - etc. etc.
From: Kyle Cassidy <cassidy@netaxs.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 22:44:43 -0400 (EDT)

> will bob barr really be there or are you pulling our legs?

so the PLUG does its evil once again ... fwiw, bob and jeri barr were
really nice. go figure.

http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/pix/rnc/7.jpg

anyway, i'm wandering around with my leica and my domke vest at [insert
event which shall be nameless] and some PR person comes over to me and
tapps me on the shoulder, i turn around, she looks down and sees my little
leica hanging around my neck and says "oh, i'm sorry, i thought you were a
photographer." i say "i am," she says "well ... whatever." and walks away,
off to find someone with a bigger lens.....

which isn't the most egregious thing i saw -- i did witness a photographer
for aol.com get kicked out of the photo pit because she was shooting with
a coolpix 900, which the event staff took to be a point-and-shoot although
she did have press credentials for the event (unfortunately, the
credentials for the event didn't distinguish between "photo" and
"non-photo" journalist but the photo pit was definately reserved.) oh
well.

hopefully we'll see you all at the next first friday
tourist-chasin-o'rama.

kc

Replies: Reply from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] Does size really count- Re Kyle's post!!)