Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Re: R8 Bugs Ironed-Out Yet?
From: Douglas Herr <doug@nualumni.com>
Date: 7 Aug 2000 07:05:50 -0700

On Mon, 07 August 2000, "Miro Jurcevic" wrote:

> Hi Doug,
>
> I bought 3 bodies in 1 week from two dealers, and 2 of them had sluggish
> apeture levers. One an R4 and one R7. All three bodies were EX+ to Mint,
> externally, and they all went back to the dealers. What causes this and what
> does it cost to fix.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Miro

Miro,

My guess it that this is caused by disuse.  An R4 in Mint or EX+ condition certainly hasn't been used as much as it ought to have been, so it's not surprising that something has gotten sluggish.  Cost of a CLA varies depending on who performs the work and what camera model it is, from $US125 to $US250.

Doug Herr
Sacramento
Visit the Northwestern Alumni Association portal
page at http://www.nualumni.com  to get free
web-based e-mail and many other exciting features.