Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: R8 Bugs Ironed-Out Yet?
From: Ccl1396915541@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 10:20:36 EDT

jfatemi@gfigmbh.de writes:

<< Last month I've borrowed EOS 1 V from a friend, I wanted to see if it's
 a nice feeling to work with  or no. I always think, I'm not quick enough
 with MF. With the second film (36), the AF was not working anymore. I
 don't know exactly what's happened, but the case is still by Canon
 Germany. I'll have to buy the case from my friend. I've learned my
 lesson, never again I'll borrow something. The second thing is that such
 things can always happen, and specially to very complex high tech
 wares!!! >>

Good lesson!  The biggest thing I see is that Leica needs a cheap body.  The
R62 is way overpriced for what it is.  Someone buys an R8 they've got 3
choices:  take a chance and risk having only one body, buy 2 of em, or pick
up an old used one for a spare (what I did, big mistake, it was on death's
door and I didn't know it).  They need a $400 Japanese mechanical body.