Subject: Re: [Leica] U.S. Customs
From: Robert Jagitsch <robertj@powerlogix.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 16:53:38 -0500

>Has any of the LUGgers here ever actually been questioned about the content of
>their camera bag when entering the U.S.? I have done so several times, both
>when I lived there and since moving to Europe; mostly via JFK or Newark but
>also Orlando on one occasion. None of the customs officers ever expressed any
>interest in anything beyond getting the white form you fill out on the plane.

Never had my bags inspected on any overseas trip except for when I
visited the Bahamas in a Cessna 421, and came back through West Palm
Beach. They searched EVERYTHING on that trip. Probably due to the
drug trade's preference for using private aircraft. :)

But never had one bag inspected when going commercial airlines.

- -R

- -------
PowerLogix R&D, Inc.
Main Office: 3921 Steck Avenue, Suite A105 Austin, TX 78759
(512) 795-2978 x107 (501) 421-7942 FAX (fax direct to my email)

Message from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] U.S. Customs)