Subject: Re: [Leica] U.S. Customs
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 07:07:12 +0200

Right, that has been my experience too--being searched because I came from a
"suspicious" place, in this case I was entering Norway about 12 years ago and the
customs officer there had apparently seen too many episodes of "Miami Vice". Once he
saw that my passport was issued in Florida, I and my baggage were thoroughly searched.
But cameras have never been an issue.

Nathan

John Coan wrote:

> Nathan,
> The only time I've ever been searched was on a flight coming back from Nassau to
> Atlanta. SNIP.  I had a Nikon FE and some lenses, and he didn't
> care about them one whit.

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland