Subject: [Leica] Substratus Woofers: Laika
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 23:08:56 -0700

"Laika (picture of dog) is a London-based band that has frontiered new rhythms
in sound space. Named after the Soviet Astro dog, the band resulted from a union
of talent: producer Guy Fixsen and songwriter Margaret Fiedler.

Since the band released its first EP in 1995, Laika has been lauded by everyone
from Brian Eno to Tricky and has garnered a cult following around Europe and the
US.

But then again, no one would dare argue against the success potential of a band
co-produced by Fixsen. He had produced stuff by The Breeders, The Throwing Muses
and My Bloody Valentine before starting Laika."

Not me! Boy am i out of it! Haven't these kids heard of Mahler!
Turn up the sub woofers I'm coming through!

http://www.apple.com/hotnews/articles/2000/08/laika/
Mark Rabiner

Message from "Jim Laurel" <JimLaurel@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] U.S. Customs)