Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: EU/German Custom
From: Christer Almqvist <christer@almqvist.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 22:27:15 +0100

Not alway does one have to pay the VAT, depends if the parcel is picked up
by customs. In my experience, parcels sent in the mail are almost alway
picked up, while parcels sent by Fed Ex et al seldom are. The latter is
true for big items like large PCs too. I would feel quite safe with the new
Apple box, but one never knows for sure until after the fact.

>Dear Hans Peter,
>
>you have to pay 16% VAT this is all. The dealer in US has to fill out a
>comercial invoice for customs.
>
>Best wishes to you
>Gabriele
>> I have lusted for rapidwinder and sofiies, but found them obcenely
>> priced in Germany (USD 600+ for a used rapidwinder, USD 30 for a softie
>> at Foto Hobby in Frankfurt/Main).
>>
>> Is there any experience what happens if you order directly from the US,
>> e.g. from TomA?
>>
>> Hans-Peter

- --
Christer Almqvist