Subject: [Leica] Summarit hood
From: robert o beaudoin <bussbearm@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 14:33:20 -0400

Bonjour Hans-Peter,

  Regarding the Summarit hood, besides the very expensive original, there
is at least one inexpensive possibility.  I did use it for a couple of
years on a Summarit and it worked perfectly.  If you go in a photo show,
simply buy the metal and rubber hood made by Leitz for the Leicina
cine-camera.  I bought one used for about $ 4.00 and removed the rubber
portion.  Worked like a charm.  You simply mount it  on the lens after
putting a very very small piece of scotch tape on the lens edge.  Never
had a problem with that.

  However please do not tell this to any dealer...they ll shortly be
charging more...

  Regards,

  Robert (Un chevalier sans blason)
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!