Subject: Re: [Leica] Happy, happy, happy
From: Jlaird@aol.com
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 12:23:27 EDT

In a message dated 08/13/2000 1:56:15 AM Central Daylight Time,
mattmorgan@pdseurope.co.uk writes:

<< Jim,

 I'd be interested in knowing how you get on with this lens. I don't know
 whether to buy the new 90 or the 75 and I'm really stuck at the moment.  Why
 did you buy the 90?

 Matt.

Matt,

I). I love and always have loved the 85-90mm focal length.

2). Because of that I use an M3 for its high mag finder (and I love the
camera...just a classic). The M3 has no 75mm frameline. I could use an
accessory finder for the 75 but I don't like accessory viewfinders much.

3). I like to travel light, so I carry 3 lenses: a 40mm Summicron f/2 on an
M2, and either my 50mm DR Summicron f/2 or the 90 f/2 on my M3. I could use a
90 2.8 or 4 but I like the f/2 for wide open portraits and available light
shots. I could use a 35mm Summicron too, sometimes do, but once again I love
the slightly wide 40mm focal length and the 40 is very small and light.

4). The 75 always seemed to big and heavy to me with too little 'reach'. I
know many use them and love them but they're not for me.

All just personal opinion and preference but I hope this helps.

Jim