Subject: RE: [Leica] BW developments
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 17:10:42 -0400

> I did a study on current BW films and image
> quality as related to  current Leica lens performance. (it will be
published
> in 'SchwarzWeiss', a German magazine devoted to BW photography). It is a
> part of an ongoing research project into the optimal combination of Leica
> lens quality and current BW-emulsions.

Excellent!  It will be a magazine I will sure try to get...hopefully it'll
be available in English?  My German is a bit, er, rusty...  Your recent MTF
article in Leica Fotografie was excellent.  Also, for those who haven't
seen it, the latest Hasselblad lense catalog has MTF charts in the back...

Is there any MTF info on the Zeiss lenses for the Contax?

> Also in
> the line was Kodak PlusX, a favourite of mine  because of its high
acutance
> and very fine tonal scale.

One of my favorite films too!

Now if you'd only do a study on film scanning.... ;-)