Subject: [Leica] Re: Nikon S3
From: "Sal DiMarco,Jr." <sdmp007@pressroom.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 19:43:58 -0400

Luggers,
    Where did the 7,000 or 8,000 number come from? I was under the
impression Nikon was going to build only build 2000 (the millenium
remember).
    Secondly according to Ron Tanawaki, a Nikon tech rep, Nikon USA is NOT
going to import any.
    Thirdly, 2000 sounds like a reasonable number of cameras to be made from
spare parts. I just don't see Nikon retooling for a rangefinder camera.
    Anyway, Photokina will tell.
Happy Snaps,

Sal

Replies: Reply from "Ken Iisaka" <ken@iisaka.org> (Re: [Leica] Re: Nikon S3)