Subject: RE: [Leica] anyone using 24mm
From: Frank Dernie <FDernie@lolacars.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 11:53:27 +0100

	 Barry Dinan asked

	snip I'm wondering if you have ever experienced a problem with
composition that
> compares to one I have recently experienced?
	snip

	You are having a problem normal for wide angle lenses on viewfinder
cameras. Because the lens and viewfinder are not at the same physical place
in space they do not see exactly the same view. The effect is particularly
noticeable for subjects close to the camera. The solution is to move the
camera a little after framing the shot such that the centre of the lens is
more or less where the centre of the viewfinder was whilst framing.
	FWIW a device called a paramender is available for Rolleiflex TLRs.
It mounts on a tripod. The device has two camera positions on a slider. The
shot is composed in the lower position, the camera is then moved to the
higher position, in which the taking lens is positioned where the viewing
lens had been for framing, and the photograph taken.
	This is one of the characteristics of non reflex cameras.
	cheers Frank

Replies: Reply from "Jerry S. Justianto" <jsjm6@cbn.net.id> ([Leica] Nice site with lots of Leica review and have prize of Leica C1)