Subject: [Leica] Nikon S3 vs SP
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 05:12:57 -0700

For Nikon to prove internally that the RF cameras are a winner again, using
the S3 as the vehicle for sales, takes guts.  This camera was a terrible
user camera.   Almost as bad as a Contax IIA.  I used that camera for about
15 years.

Now the SP was wonderful.  The SP was an incredible camera.  Not even with
the M series did Leica ever exceeed the genius of the SP.  The M6 is to me,
the first to exceed the SP in useful features.

Mind you I never said the camera Nikon lenses were better, but then again, I
had Zeiss lenses.

However it happened, it goes to prove, yet again,  that I do not understand
the Japanese consumer mind.  Ibet the buyers of the first 2000 cameras are
really annoyed that their "investment" in the MIllemium is now a 7000 unit
bust.

Frank Filippone

Replies: Reply from "Ken Iisaka" <ken@iisaka.org> (Re: [Leica] Nikon S3 vs SP)
Reply from "Miro Jurcevic" <miroj@ozemail.com.au> ([Leica] Re: Nikon S3 vs SP)