Subject: Re: [Leica] Recipe for using Xtol developer; WAS: Varianton"Foodfor Leicas"
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 08:54:45 -0700

><Snip>  But why do you think Kodak puts so much sulfite in, if it works
> so much better dilute?
>
> Jesse

I think what sells is what stays clear in the bottle.
Sulfite is a preservative. I think they put it in Twinkies.
Chemicals which darken quickly in the bottle don't sell.
Ironically Xtol was certainly not designed with this as a parameter but it does
stay completely clear in the bottle long after it is DED dead. And mine has
never died on me by the way it lasts longer than any other developer I've worked
with.
Xtol when dead remains bright and clear. And so do your negs! :)
So stick with the 5 litter amounts and keep it topped off and tightly stoppered
and IMO in glass.
And you'll avoid the horror stories that have been on the newsgroups for years.
Mark William Rabiner
:)

Replies: Reply from Rich Lahrson <tripspud@wenet.net> (Re: [Leica] Recipe for using Xtol developer; WAS: Varianton"Foodfor Leicas")
Message from Jesse Hellman <palio@miata.net> (Re: [Leica] Recipe for using Xtol developer; WAS: Varianton"Foodfor Leicas")