Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Re: Summaron 35/3.5 lens with specs for M3
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 16:32:44 -0400

> The eyes change the magnification of the image. (I may be wrong about this,
> I've never actually tried it myself.)
>
> Ken Wilcox

Ken,

I think the eyes only change the viewfinder image for the wider 35mm frame
but you can still get a proper focus without eyes. I use a 35mm on my M3,
but bearing in mind what I am seeing through the viewfinder is not 100% of
what the lens sees, but probably about 95% which is close enough most of the
time. Many people use a 24mm on an M6 without a viewfinder, just compensate
by thinking a little wider.

Steve
Annapolis