Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Why M is so popular?
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 18:19:56 -0400

At 06:04 PM 8/17/00 -0400, you wrote:
>I know that Tina Manley is a pro on this list who also uses Leica R (and
>bought an R6.2 from me about a year ago) and so far as I have heard hers is
>working as well in similar places and conditions. I'm sure there are many
>others who will tell you the same. These are conditions that cause just about
>every machine man has made to fail...and yet these little R wonders persist.
>No, I have not tried it with an R8...yet...
>Rich

Hi, Rich -

Yes, my R6.2 just keeps working and working.  I even took it to the
Mosquito Coast and it never quit.  BUT!!!!  I took my R8 to Columbia (SC
not SA)  yesterday and it quit working in the middle of an
assignment!!!  GGGRRR!  It wouldn't rewind at the end of the roll no matter
what I did.  Had the fully-charged motor attached and even removed it to
try the batteries.  I finally brought it home and opened it in the darkroom
to remove the film.  I did have enough sense to have the R6.2 and an M6
with me so I could complete the assignment (a former witch and stripper who
has become a preacher) without anyone knowing that anything was wrong.  The
R8 goes back to Leica as soon as I finish the assignment I'm working on
today and tomorrow.

Leically,

Tina
Tina Manley, ASMP