Subject: Re: [Leica] M-Rokkor story
From: john <bosjohn@mediaone.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 08:00:26 -0400

Stephen Gandy wrote:

> I've re-read the CL tests by Modern and Popular Photography,  neither of them
> mention multi coating.  Even though Theo Kisselbach's book "Leica CL" is quite
> definite about the CL lenses being "coated," there is no hint of better coating or
> coating improvements, nor is there any mention of multi coating.  If Kisselback
> doesn't know the CL lenses are multi-coated, its very difficult to believe they are,
> regardless of any claims to the contrary.
>
> Stephen Gandy

When I was a much younger man the conventional wisdom, or lore about Leitz
lenses was Leitz had been doing multi-coating for years before an advertising
genius made great copy for Pentax. Leitz never stated that their lenses were
multi-coated they just assumed that was the right way to do it, so the legend goes.
John Shick

Message from Stephen Gandy <Stephen@CameraQuest.com> (Re: [Leica] M-Rokkor story)
Message from Stephen Gandy <Stephen@CameraQuest.com> (Re: [Leica] M-Rokkor story)