Subject: [Leica] <no subject>
From: "sam" <salex@idt.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 20:00:02 +0000

Muhammad R.K. Chishty, Ph.D wrote:

> My Leica M6 TTL is back, exactly five weeks after I sent it to Leica USA in
> NJ.  They had estimated it would take 4-6 weeks to fix the jammed shutter.
> The camera appears to be functioning properly now.  I am HAPPY! :-)

It would seem to me that Leica USA either has a LOT of broken cameras to
repair, or has just one tired repairperson sitting at a workbench under a
single bare bulb. . .
either way, five weeks - unless the camera had to be returned to Germany,
in which case they should have replaced it - seems like a loooong time.

Don't know how a working professional photographer could deal with that,
other by than having a lot of backups.  Do other (N, C, etc) manufacturers
give faster service?

I once dropped an OM4T with a (heavy) 500mm lens on it and had to send the
unit (could not unmount lens)  back to Olympus for repair.  Took way less
than two weeks, including shipping,  and required new mounts, meter repair,
etc.

BTW, have never had to have ANY of my M's repaired (since 1965), not
counting CLA's and elective work requested. Don't use the R's any longer,
(which did).

sam

Replies: Reply from "Miro Jurcevic" <miroj@ozemail.com.au> ([Leica] Re: <no subject>)