Subject: Re: [Leica] retrofocus for M6 with meter
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 14:45:38 -0700

Brougham wrote:
 > What about some of the retrofocus designs for the M6 to accommodate the
> > meter?  Are they "less" retrofocus than the corresponding designs to
> > avoid the mirror path?<<<<<<<<<<<<  I

In Answer to Brougham:

There isn't any mirror path in an M6, the exposure reading is taken from
the white circle on the shutter curtain. You folks are talking about the
M5, as it had a moving light meter sensor arm that swung out of the way
prior to the shutter motion.

It's my understanding certain wide angle lenses couldn't be used on the
M5 as the retrofocus aspect made it protrude too deeply into the body.
And I believe there was a new lens designed to accommodate the M5 body.
However there isn't necessity to be concerned with any swinging arm on a
an M6.
ted

Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] retrofocus for M6 with meter)