Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Re: Re: Why M is so popular?
From: "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horsts@primus.com.au>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 18:25:31 +1000

Miro Jurcevic wrote:

> I did note that all the cameras I looked at were used. Some were extremely
> low mileage with weekend shooters, others wer just in good shape. One of my
> points was that dealers kept the prices high, never did CLA, and based the
> notion of condition and value on the quality of the cosmetic impression. I
> always ask if the camera had been serviced. I have sold almost all of my
> cameras with a service report.
>
> The significance of my assertion is on a sample of 15. Therefore the chances
> that I am totally wrong is very low. Of course, my sample excludes any
> cameras that cost the same price used as a new one.

Miro.  I really have to admire you. You don't give up easily. Most other
mortals, myself included, would have given up by now.  Not you. After 15 tries
you are still at it .Good on you. I am sure, there are more secondhand R8 for
you to have a go at.
I am also sure, if you try hard enough, as I 'm sure you will, you'll be able to
find something wrong with them.  Don't stop now. Why throw the towel in the
ring, when there is still so much to dislike. Especially now, that you have gone
so far, you don't want to suddenly stop and start using your super reliable
$40.- Nikon. By the way, the $40.-  was that in  US, Australian or Hong Kong
Dollars?

What however would happen, If you found one you couldn't fault? Would you keep
it very quiet? Or just ignore as an aberration? What would you do?

Regards, Horst Schmidt

Replies: Reply from "Miro Jurcevic" <miroj@ozemail.com.au> ([Leica] Re: Re: Re: Re: Why M is so popular?)
Message from "Miro Jurcevic" <miroj@ozemail.com.au> ([Leica] Re: Re: Re: Why M is so popular?)