Subject: Re: [Leica] Tipper & Al Gore and M-cameras
From: Bmceowen@aol.com
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 19:05:39 EDT

In a message dated 8/19/00 3:29:11 PM, icommag@toad.net writes:

<< For what its worth there are a lot of photographers taking pictures of our
leaders who are not on the taxpayers dime. Here is one of Tipper,
http://www.icommag.com/august-2000-page-24.html  receiving a Exellence in
Photography award I took a couple months ago. The color shots were Nikon
w/24-50 at F8 and the 'Monster Metz', the rest were Leica M's wide open
w/available light. >>

FWIW, the BEST of the "personal photographers" did much more than award shots
and other public events. They documented the behind the scenes personal
moments of our "leaders." I'm not sure that any of them had the access that
Kennerly did but I believe some came close (Reagan's maybe). Read Kennerly's
book -- he recalls being on hand for top secret meetings and very personal
family times during the Ford administration.

Bob (then again, there was Nixon's photographer) McEowen