Subject: Re: [Leica] a summicron by any other name
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 18:58:25 -0700

Krechtz@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 8/20/00 3:11:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com writes:
>
> << It's my impression that current Leica lenses are nicely color matched. >>
>
> Probably so, but what about matching lenses from different periods?  Also,
> how good is the match between APO lenses and others?
>
> Joe Sobel

I'm no lens expert.

I don't think making a lens apo would give them an excuse to accept it cooler or
warmer than their other lenses.

IT would be uncool for them to deviate.
IT would be unwarm for them to deviate.

I think most lens companies in the last decades try to stay with the same
coolness or warmness of all their matched lenses.

Mark William Rabiner
:)