Subject: Re: [Leica] WAS: Double up. NOW: topic change?
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 12:33:00 -0400

At 08:29 AM 8/21/00 -0700, you wrote:

>Just wondered if anyone out there has done any "serious portrait work"
>using only window light? In colour or B&W, and what film/lens
>combination they used?
>
>I mean portraits that challenge the "portrait studio " of
>strobes/hotlights ?
>ted

Hi, ted -

I love to do window light portraits.  I like Astia film for color and TMax
100 for B&W.  I use the 100/2.8 or the 60/2.8 on the R6.2 or 8  - no
filters for most but a stocking for older ladies.  A reflector to the side
fills in the light on the side of the face away from the window.  I have a
collapsible white one that reverses to gold for warmer light.

Tina
Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com