Subject: : Re: [Leica] Montreal Stores --> Fall Colors to the East
From: "Owen P. Evans" <opevans@istar.ca>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 16:35:27 -0400

Andre' Jean Quintal wrote:
>Subject: Re: [Leica] Montreal Stores --> Fall Colours to the East
>>Greg Locke wrote:
. . .
>>This will let me take the "air route" through Maine and crossing into
Quebec at Vermont
>>south of Sherbrooke or further east in Maine around Megantic.

> What you may want is the "peak" and this shifts
>over a period of about 10 days depending on location,
>altitude and weather. Fall Colours usually are "somewhere" between Sept
20th
>and October 10th.

Hello Folks,
Just to add a few cents to this thread; I agree wholeheartedly with Andre's
descriptions of the Festival of Colour!
I live 25 miles south of the Quebec border and our Gatineau Park is
spectacular with respect to Fall Colours.
I was in the Eastern townships last weekend for a family wedding near
Victoriaville. Unlike most of Canada, this area is sectioned off into land
parcels which remind me of the U.K. In the summer, the rolling hills of this
area are like a patchwork quilt and each field has it's own crop; all
differing from one another. It is truly a glorious summer sight as well as a
spectacular scenic in the fall.
Vive le Canada avec Quebec!

Owen P. Evans
Osgoode, Ontario. Canada.