Subject: OT: Der Gruene Punkt (the green dot) (was: Re [Leica] Voigtlander ? Bessa R ad.)
From: "Byczkowski, Michael" <michael.byczkowski@sap.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 04:53:28 +0200

Dear Simon,

just one remark regarding the German Green Dot:
Basically it is a sign that someone paid the refuse fees upfront and the
specific item is to be collected in a special yellow bag or bin free of
charge. It does not imply anything regarding the production of the specific
product (from recycled material,...) or ecological friendliness. For more
information one could have a look at

http://www.gruener-punkt.de/en/index.php3?choice1=recht&choice2=grundlage
which is set up by the company Duales System Deutschland which runs the
show.

Hope this helps.

With best regards,
	Michael